Rabbi Andrea M. Gouze has had a long history with JCDSRI, both as a parent and as a teacher. Rabbi Gouze was the Judaic Studies Coordinator and middle school Judaics teacher at the Alperin Schechter Day School (the precursor of JCDSRI). She has worked as a hospital chaplain and congregational rabbi. When Rabbi Gouze returned to JCDSRI in 2012 she discovered that not only did she miss teaching and watching children wrestle with big ideas, but that her educational approach is mirrored in the vision of the school today. She is thrilled to be part of the school community. Rabbi Gouze was trained at the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College in Philadelphia and also holds a M.S.W. from the Wurzweiler School of Social Work. She is the proud parent of Eitan, Daniella, Nili and Aurora, all of whom are former ASDS/JCDSRI students.
- What does it mean to Love Your Neighbor as Yourself?
- What life choice would you make?
- The Mitzvah of Consolation
- Hard At Work Proving that Gossip is Wrong
- 5th Graders Bring Hanukkah Joy to Miriam Hospital
- Buddies Celebrate Hanukkah Together
- Human Hanukkiyah and Dreidls
- Egypt, here we come!
- What’s the connection between hospitality and foot-washing?
- “Turn it and turn it for all is within it”